Hilsha From Bangladesh
Bengali love for hilsa is unmatched. In monsoons, fried hilsa, hilsa bharta, sarshe hilsa, steamed hilsa, hilsa paturi, curd hilsa, panta hilsa, hilsa eggs, Bengali rasana is not complete without hilsa eggs. Hilsa fish is not only incomparable in taste, but also rich in nutrients.
Every 100 grams of hilsa contains 25 grams of protein, 204 milligrams of calcium, 27 milligrams of vitamin C, 3.39 grams of sugar, 2.2 grams of minerals and 19.4 grams of fat. It also contains high amounts of omega 3 fatty acids, niacin, tryptophan, vitamin B12, sodium, calcium, magnesium and other vitamins and minerals.
- Hilsa is high in omega-3 fatty acids (EPA and DHA) less saturated fat than other fish, which may work well in lowering blood triglycerides. Tension is good for the heart.
- The omega three fatty acids in hilsa improve blood circulation in the body. It reduces the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Omega 3 fatty acids in hilsa work well in osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Apart from this, it also plays a role in controlling all infections related to fat.
- Omega 3 fatty acids in hilsa help maintain good eyesight in people over 40 years of age. Vitamin ‘A’ present in hilsa helps prevent shingles.
- Hilsa contains the amino acid L-arginine, which plays an important role in building muscle and tissue.
- The protein in hilsa is rich in collagen.Collagen is an insoluble protein, which improves overall cell function by increasing cell connectivity.In addition, hilsa contains vitamin C, which keeps the skin healthy.Its collagen helps to retain the youthfulness of the skin.
- Hilsa helps reduce stomach problems like ulcers, colitis etc. due to its Omega 3 fatty acids.
- 60% of the human brain consists of fat.Omega 3 fatty acids boost brain function.In addition to omega 3, hilsa contains vitamin B12, which helps to keep nerve cells healthy.Reduces the risk of hallucinations.
- Hilsa is a good source of vitamin D.Vitamin D regulates the functioning of calcium and phosphate in the human body.
- Various minerals like iodine, zinc and potassium present in hilsa play an important role in controlling blood glucose, reducing cell infections and regulating thyroid hormones.
- Many studies have shown that marine fish are effective in maintaining lung health.Hilsa can prevent asthma in children.People who eat fish regularly have stronger lungs.
- Omega-3 fatty acids can combat depression.Hilsa fish helps to reduce seasonal affective disorder (SAD), post-natal depression.
Eating hilsa may cause allergies or gas in some people’s body. If they have such problems, it is better to avoid this fish.